Client: Single homeowner
Synopsis: Bobbie had lived in her home for 62 years. Given the condition of her home, it would have been a significant challenge (marketability, financing, etc.) to sell the home to a traditional buyer (owner occupant). Bobbie had committed to moving to a senior community but needed to access the equity in her home to pay for the upfront and ongoing costs.
Year Home Built: 1954
Home Location: Fallbrook, California
What Issues Did She Face?
- No meaningful updates done to the home since she moved in 62 years ago
- Accumulated lots of stuff over many years of living in home
- Physical limitations made it challenging to keep the house clean and “show ready”
- Bobbie needed to move to a senior community but required the cash to hold the unit and take advantage of a limited time offering
What Did SHPP Provide?
- Bobbie was able to leave the home in its current condition, including removal of any trash or junk in the home – which was a lot!
- Purchased home 28 days from initial meeting with client
- During escrow, advanced funds to client for a required deposit at the senior community
- More money than a traditional sale
What Does She Say Now?
"If you are a senior and need to sell your home quickly and you want to deal with someone honest...consider the Westview Senior (Home) Purchase Program. Right from the beginning I felt comfortable with them. I called one day and they were there the next day with the estimate. I liked that I didn’t have to go anywhere, they did everything and brought it to me."
"They went above and beyond any of our expectations in assisting her in a smooth and timely transfer from her home of 64 years to her new home at Silvergate."
-Kathy, Bobbie's Friend